Tectum Acoustic Wall & Ceiling Panels for Noise Reduction
Tectum Panels combine a unique textured appearance with unusual durability. Features include excellent sound absorption, lightweight structural strength and Class A/1 flame spread rating. The use of Tectum is very cost effective for a multitude of interior applications.
Tectum Panels are made of aspen wood fibers, bonded with an exclusive hydraulic cement binder. Few, if any other acoustical products can take the repeated abuse that Tectum panels can and still retain their good looks and structural integrity.
Tectum Acoustic Panels are easy to install on walls with conventional wood or drywall tools. Ceiling installations use standard grid suspension components. The natural or factory painted white panels provide a decorative interior finish. They can be field painted to match colour schemes without losing acoustical efficiency.
• Reduces noise – NRC up to 1.00.
• Class A/1 Flame Spread Rating.
• Durability – Tough, abuse resistant.
• R-Value – 1.75 / in. Can be field painted – for best results use an alkali-stable flat latex base paint spray applied (approx. 300 sq. ft. per gallon).
• Easy to install – Wide variety of uses.
• Performance – See technical data sheet
**No asbestos is used in Tectum
It is recommended that Tectum used as wall panels be installed on wood or metal furring strips. Adding fiberglass between the furring strips will improve overall performance. All exposed panel edges should be beveled for best appearance.