Sign up for our Free Newsletter
Tell a Friend about this site
Isolate the top and bottom of wood or steel Stud Partition with Iso-sill and Iso-sill Anchor Isolators (Model ISW)Concrete Partitions, poured or block can be isolated as well. (observe maximum loadings).
ISO-SILL Acoustic Isolation Pads acts like a permanently resilient gasket used to reduce sound and vibration transfer through the building structures. Iso-sill can be used for wood and steel framing, or for concrete block or pour. Iso-sill is manufactured with re-claimed rubber and is formulated with high damping acrylic polymers making it a “Green” product for LEED projects. The Iso-sill pad is manufactured to carefully controlled density standards for trusted long term service.Iso-sill is impervious to water, most chemicals and temperature change. Iso-sill will not rot or support mold.
Iso-sill can be installed with mechanical fasteners, polyurethane based construction adhesives, or a variety of thin-sets and mortars. Iso-sill anchor washers are available.
• Factory slit to width and easily field cut to length with utility knives.
• Unlike fiberglass it is not affected by moisture.
• Used for both top and bottom plates.
• Can be used for a wide range of loadings (1-50 psi).
• Continuous resilient support of partition.
• Unaffected by water.
• Will not support mold growth.
• Can use mechanical fasteners or adhesives (PSA available).
• Iso-sill is available in thicknesses of either 5 mm or 10 mm. It is provided slit to required widths.
• Standard sizes are 1.25”, 1.5”, 3.5”, 5.5” and 8” + custom widths.
• Model IS / 5 or 10 (indicates thickness) 3.5 (indicates width).
• Iso-sill anchor washers standard 1-1/4” dia., 91/16” thick.
• Flanking of sound and structure borne vibration can significantly de-rate sound rated partitions for both wall and floor/ceiling assemblies.
• Both STC (airborne) and IIC (impact noise) can be affected by more than 10 points as compared to non-flanked assemblies.
• AcoustiGuard’ Model Iso-sill Acoustic Isolation Pad offers an easy and in-expensive solution for resiliently decoupling sound rated assemblies from other parts of the structure.
• Iso-sill effectively breaks the connection between rated and non-rated assemblies resiliently isolating sound and vibration.
• Iso-sill remains permanently elastic and is unaffected by water.
• Iso-sill is used in continuous strips on both top and bottom plates to ensure the sound rated assembly will be decoupled and remain fully effective.
• Isolated anchors washers (Model ISW) are used to isolate fasteners.
back to top
© 2013 Wilrep Ltd.email:email@example.com 1515 Matheson Blvd. East Unit C10 Mississuaga, Ontario, L4W 2P5 Toll Free: 1-888-625-8944 Tel: (905) 625-8944 Fax: (905) 625-7142